“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead”. – Nelson Mandela.
Mandela Day is on 18 July and everyone will be deciding where to spend their 67 minutes in service to others.
Childline KZN is appealing to the community and local businesses to choose the organisation as their Mandela Day project.
The Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) has a number of wishes that need to be filled.
Childline KZN Operations Manager, Adeshini Naicker said, “There are thousands of abused children as our 24-hour Helpline service number (08000 555 55), receives up to 250,000 calls a year. This Mandela Day, choose to help Childline KZN and make a big difference to the lives of young people”.
Childline KZN’s wishes relate to their main office in Morningside (Durban) and are as follows:
- Fix the toilet doors.
Cleaning of the building:
- Intense cleaning of the walls of the building on the inside and the outside.
- Intense cleaning of all the carpets in the building.
- High pressure cleaning of paving and roofs.
- Clean the gutters.
- Repaint the walls in the play area with pictures to brighten up the play area.
- Remove paint and then repaint walls on the inside and outside of the building.
- Paint the game “hop-scotch” on an area of cement.
- Snacks for the children who attend therapy.
- Donate branded banners, t-shirts.
- Repairs to the company cars.
- Sponsor of awnings.
- Donate secretary chairs.
- Donate new computers or laptops.
- Donate and install anti-virus system for the organisation’s computers.
- Donate 67 or 670 hours of IT support for the next year.
SMS. SMS hero to 39555. SMS costs R15. You may send as many SMS’s as you wish, but only residents of South Africa can donate via SMS.
Debit Order. Donate each month with a debit order. Simply visit www.childlinekzn.org.za/superhero to download the form, or contact Childline KZN’s office and they will send a copy to you.
Credit Card. Credit card donations can be made through a secure online portal. Visit www.childlinekzn.org.za/superhero which will take you to a secure site for donations.
Bank Deposit. Deposit directly into Childline KZN’s bank account.
Account type: Nedbank Current Account
Branch: 148 626
Account number: 100 311 1971
Account name: Childline KZN
Donations are tax deductible and Childline KZN can issue Section 18A certificates on request – if your donation is for goods, the certificate can be for the value.
If you are interested in helping or need more information, call 031 312 0904 or email email@example.com.