Victim Empowerment Programme
Childline KZN has developed age – appropriate therapeutic programmes which are utilized to facilitate disclosure and the healing process for children of abuse. Our core therapeutic services include:
- Children who have been sexually abused that receive individual counseling and therapy, group therapy and family conferencing
- Support services to adult survivors of childhood abuse
- Forensic assessments
- Support service to victims and families of child abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Court support and preparation
Therapeutic services are easily accessible in the different communities. Services are rendered from the following offices:
- Headquarters and Therapy centre: Durban
- Service offices: Inanda, Ndwedwe, Maphumulo, KwaMashu, Pinetown, PMB, Bhamshela.
- Service sites at Thuthuzela Treatment Centres: Phoenix (Mahatma Ghandi Hospital), Umlazi (Prince Mshiyeni Hospital), Chatsworth (RK Khan Hospital), Stanger Hospital
Court Support Programme
- Court support and court preparation are provided to families who recive information and support on court processes and procedures. A trained counselor is based at the Durban court
- Social workers facilitate workshops, presentations and awareness campaigns on issues of abuse and exploitation
Overnight Support Programmes
- Overnight support counselors render debriefing services to parents and children who display trauma related symptoms. This is an after-hour service provided at crisis centres based at hospitals. These sites include Phoenix, Stanger and prince Mshiyeni Hospital
- Facilitators conduct workshops and presentations at clinics and hospitals with the aim to empower and develop the skills of parents/caregivers on positive parenting and to support those whose children have been exposed to neglect, abuse and/or exploitation.
- Counselling and therapy are provided to child and adult offenders in order to rehabilitate them and prevent relapses.